Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phytoplankton Microscopy NOW IN COLOR!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phytoplankton Microscopy NOW IN COLOR!!!

so i had the tech come to the lab this week to fix the color camera on our micrscope and here are the results. most of these are take with oil immersion 630x others are at 400x. first species in tetra, second is nanno.
    enjoy

So some are from your nano setup? What size grain of sand do you use, if any? Ive been reading about different size substrates and the how its related to different sized microfauna that may reproduce within the tank. Cool pictures

Comment

Very neat!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coral Cove View Post
        So some are from your nano setup? What size grain of sand do you use, if any? Ive been reading about different size substrates and the how its related to different sized microfauna that may reproduce within the tank. Cool pictures
        these are from my phytoplankton cultures.

as for substrates and their grain size, its more about surface area. the finer the sand ( or mud) the more surface area, the more SA the more microfauna. also smaller particle pack together better. this will reduce amount of oxygen faster and you go deeper into the substrate, this creates an anoxic layer faster than more coarse substrates. anaerobic microfauna play a significant role in completing the nitrogen cycle.

Comment

ok I am a little confused what is this???? I don't understand scientific terms to well.......lol

Comment

Working...
          X