Tunze DOC 9430 Skimmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunze DOC 9430 Skimmer

Received it today, so far I really like it. It has a Patented anti-overfoaming system prevents overfoaming of the skimmer and regulates skimming action. So far this is very interesting and I have already seen it stop the skimmer from over flowing.

Packed nice

The skimmer

Installed and running

2 days running now and it is pulling out some nice stuff. I had it running wet to break it in. I adjusted it today to have a dry foam.

So far I really like this skimmer.

Comment

How is the nosie level? Think I'll be switching to one of these once my octo dies. I love Tunze!!

Every product of theirs I've purchased is top notch.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk!

Comment

So far all I hear is the water flowing out of it. Still adjusting it to a dry foam, its a little tricky.

Comment

Looks like a nice skimmer.....keep us posted!!!

Comment

I would love to have an in sump skimmer, I just don't have the room. I may have to put a second tank under my stand and plumb them together one day. Keep us posted how it does once dialed in.

Comment

getting some nice foam now.

Comment

looks like a beast! Do you feel that this skimmer can be fine tuned easily? Not sure how yours adjusts.

I know control is one thing a few of our skimmers lack thanks to a wedge pipe construction. The one with a gate valve is crazy easy to dial in. looks like yours is dialed in nicely

Comment

adjustments are funky, right now I am just doing a waiting game for it to break in. most say about a month with this skimmer.
                  Then the fine tuning begins and we will see how well it adjusts.

Comment

Update on the skimmer. So far it is pulling out alot of dark skim mate and very smelly.
                    I really like it, been easy to use and the anti overfoaming is very nice!

Comment

Update on the skimmer, it is still pulling lots of dark skimmate. The only issue I have the the salt creep it is creating. The output causes lots of splashing and is covering the sump and some of the stand with salt creep. I am working on fixing that issue.

Comment

4.5months in and I still like it. The only thing I would change is the output, it does cause splashing.

Comment

Could you put 2 street 90 PVC on the output so the water comes out under the water level inside the mesh sock?

Comment

its possible but I am told it will change the way the unit works. It will take some testing when I have time.

Comment

I took off the filter sock and holder. It causes less salt creep and is quieter.

Comment

Working...
                              X