So Excited!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Excited!!

My mated clowns decided today was the day to spawn for their first time after months of waiting. So excited I got to witness this in person

Pictures or it never happened

Congrats!!!

Comment

Pics will have to come later. They laid them on the backside of a rock and unfortunately I don't have that great of a camera. I got some video though, also poor quality, but I'm sure I'll have it on YouTube sometime this weekend.

Now, I have a dilemma.
      I need live rotifers for when the fry hatch :\

Comment

THAT'S SO COOL! Sorry to yell, I'm excited.

Comment

Me too!! Just gotta figure out the rotifer problem.

Comment

Here is a pretty good summary of how to grow your own (much cheaper than buying them all the time!)

Comment

Okay I might give that a shot! Now, I checked out their link for where to order the rodi's from, and I have to admit, I'm slightly confused by the site. Might take me a few to figure out, just hope I end up ordering the right thing!! (Sorry, this is probably my occasional "Blonde moment." I'm overdue) Lol.

Comment

I found a package on eBay I think I'm going to try out that comes with 16oz live rodi's, 4oz phytoplankton/food, then something to harvest them with for only $23.

Comment

This one by chance? EBAY

Looks good to me!

Comment

That is it! Exactly

Comment

Here's a pic!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	rps20111008_090655.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	47103

Comment

Just thought I might update everyone on the eggs! I've been keeping a journal of my tanks and the egg keeping process. They turned purple'ish from the orange. I'm starting to see some little eyes as the eggs begin to lose color. Tomorrow will be the 7th day. Just hoping they don't come early so I have time to transfer the rock to the fry tank. I'm so excited. I know many people say it takes a few attempts to have decent survival rates, but I'm hoping I will have better luck. *Fingers crossed!!*

Comment

neat!!!
                          I hope this works out!

Comment

Tagging along on this. Wishing you the best of luck.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks
                              Tonight is the 7th night and the eyes are all big and bright so it may be time!! I went ahead and transferred the rock into the fry tank, making sure the temps and salinity were the same, and without letting the eggs come in contact with the air. Everything is blacked out in the tank. I plan on getting up in the middle of the night to check on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X