Abyzz A200 pump and Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 3 230W pumps compared

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abyzz A200 pump and Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 3 230W pumps compared

Abyzz A200 pump and Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 3 230W pumps currently running on my 375 on 2 closed loops.

So far I am very happy with both. I had an issue with the Abyzz pump in the beginning which turned out to be my fault. It seemed I needed more outputs on my closed loop. Not having enough caused the pump to vibrate a lot. Once I found out who was running support for the Abyzz I was able to get new parts to re-plumb it. CoralVue is a great company and currently running support for Abyzz.

I currently have both pumps hard plumbed into 2 separate closed loops without any noise issues. The only issue I have currently is with the plumbing. Sadly I found some leaks that I am fixing and one new ball valve stopped opening and closing. Once it gets warm out in the spring or summer I will drain the tank to fix it.The support for the Red Dragon is also great, I needed some parts and they got them to me right away so I can replumb the pump.

I currently have the A200 set to random mode going between 60-100%. It randomly changes the speed and various times. It has a wave mode that I have not tried yet but may in the future. The Red Dragon is set to 160W for 16 hours and 230W for 8 hours. I can not do as much with the controller as I can for the Abyzz. I wish I could control the flow more. I need a second controller (apex) to do that.

Pictures can be found here:
    http://saltgeek.com/pumps/
Working...
X